Fiberglass Sheet Epoxy Grade
Based on epoxy resin and fiberglass reinforcement, various grades of laminates are manufactured to NEMA G-10 and G-11 standards. Also, with the stringent requirement of high tracking resistance (KA3C) and high di-electric strength in view, special type laminates are offered for specific applications. These are available in standard sizes, in the thickness range of 0.4 mm – 60 mm & above. Of course, extra – long Sheets / strips of more than 2400 mm, without joints, are also offered for coil support in Generators. A wide range of Laminates made out of fiberglass CSM and woven fabric bonded with Epoxy or Polyester resins are offered for a variety of applications. These are made to EP2 / EP3 and GPO1 / GPO2 / GPO3 as per Indian standard IS10192-1982.
Material Tested: Glass epoxy sheet EP3 Grade / Nima G10 grade
Type of Test:
- Cross breaking strength
- Compressive Strength
- Tensile Strength
- Shear Strength
- Water Absorption
- Temperature limit
Test method: IS: 10192-82, Ep3 Grade, Neema L1 Grade
|No.||Item||Result Obtained||Result Required|
|1||Compressive Strength (N/mm²)||478.96||Minimum Requirement for 5-12 mm thick sample 400|
|2||Cross breaking Strength (N/mm²)||359.15||Minimum Requirement 350|
|3||Tensile Strength (N/mm²)||372.51||Minimum Requirement 280|
|4||Shear Strength (N/mm²)||130||Minimum Requirement 100|
|6||Temperature Limit||160º||As per requirement|
|7||Comparative Tracking Index||500 Volts||Requirement 250 Volts|
|8||Breakdown Voltage (4 mm Sheat)(Flat Wise)||56 KV||14 KV / mm|
|9||Dissipation Factor at 500V||0.02||0.04|
|10||Insulation Resistance||80000 mohms||10000 mohms|
Characteristics & Applications:
- 1. As per NEMA Grade G-10, mechanical, electrical and electronic applications; high strength under moderate temperature;
good electrical properties under high humidity.
- 2. As per NEMA Grade FR-4, with high mechanical strength at room temperature, good electrical properties under dry and
humidity conditions, flame retardant, suitable for mechanical, electrical and electrical and electronical applications.
- 3. As per NEMA Grade G-11, with high strength at room temperature and 150, good electrical properties under dry and
humidity conditions, used for making insulating parts in electrical, electronical and other industries.
Fiberglass Sheet Polyester Grade
- 1) GPO – 3 is a fiberglass reinforced polymer laminate. This material is the industry standard for flame & arc / track resistant electrical components. GPO3 also offers an excellent combination of high strength, flame resistance, and low smoke, flame, & toxicity generation. GPO3 is a NEMA approved material per NEMA procedure NEMA LI-1.
- 2) Combines high arc and track resistance, highly flame resistant. For use on 2500+ voltage equipment. 94V-0 flame retardance rating. 22,100 PSI flexural strength. Red in colour
- 3) GPO-3 Glass Polyester Laminate – GPO – 3 laminate performs well in electrical applications that require high arc and carbon track resistance as well as flame resistance, physical strength, and moderate heat resistance. Grade GPO – 3 laminate is used extensively in the making of phase and end barriers, insulating supports, bus bar supports and mounting panels in switchgear and other types of electrical apparatus. Grade GPO – 3 is a UL recognized product with a temperature index of 120 degrees Celsius electrical and 140 degrees Celsius mechanical. Grade GPO – 3 is produced in three standard colors: red, black and white and is moulded in thickness of 1/32 to 2 used for general purpose electrical and /or mechanical applications where low cost is desired. GPO-3 can withstand higher temperatures than GPO – 1 or GPO – 2, and has better.
|No.||Specification||Units||ASTM Test Method||FR Polyester Glass Laminate (GPO-3)|
|1||Strength to Weight Ratio||ksi||-||-||2||Specific Gravity @73 F||-||D792||1.80||3||Tensile Strength @73 F,(ult)/(yld)||psi||D638||9000||4||Tensile Modulus of Elasticity @73 F||psi||D638||-||5||Tensile Elongation at Break @73 F||%||D638||-||6||Flexural Strength @73 F||psi||D790||21500||7||Flexural Modulus of Elasticity @73 F||psi||D790||-||8||Shear Strength @73 F||psi||D732||-||9||Compressive Strength,(% Deformation) @73 F||psi||D695||-||10||Compressive Modulus of Elasticity @73 F||psi||D695||33000||11||Hardness, Rockwell, Scale as noted @73 F||-||D785||-||12||Hardness, Durometer, Shore D @73 F||-||D2240||M-105||13||Izod Impact,(Notched) @73 F||Ft-lb/in of notch||D256 TypeA||8.3||14||Coefficient of friction, (Dry vs Steel) Dynamic||-||-||-||15||Limiting PV, (with 4 to 1 factor of safety applied)||Psi-ft/min||-||-||16||Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion @73 F||In/in/F||E-831 (TMA)||-||17||Heat Deflection Temperature||F||D648||-||18||Tg-Glass transition temperature @264 psi||F||D3418||-||19||Melting Point, (VS-Vicat Softening Temp.)||F||D3418||-||20||Continuous Service Temperature in Air, (Max)||F||-||284||21||Thermal Conductivity||8TU-in/hr-ft2-F||-||-||22||Dielectric Strength, Short Term||Volts/mil||D149||400||23||Volume Resistivity||Ohm-cm||D257||-||24||Dielectric Constant @ 10E6 Hz||-||D150||4.1||25||Dissipation Factor @ 10E6 Hz||-||D150||.027||26||Flammability @ 3.1 mm unless noted||-||UL94||V-0||27||Water Absorption, Immersion, 24 Hrs||% by wt.||D570(7)||0.12||28||Water Absorption, Saturation||% by wt.||D570(7)||-|